Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mother Nature Inspired


The hawthorn tree in my back yard is loaded with berries this year. They start out green, over the last few weeks they have changed to the most glorious color of red. While the tree has the worst spikes on the branches, somehow, during the icy winter, birds by the hundreds eat the berries all season long. I don't know how they do it without impaling themselves -- but they have the knack. The colors of the berries and the leaves on the tree right now are so pretty. I just had to share.




It is this combo of colors that inspired the onyx leaf and carnelian key pendants shown here. Unfortunately, I can take no credit for coming up with the color combo -- Mother Nature gets the accolades here. I just mimicked it. Beautiful! Both pendants are on long waxed cotton cords and they make quite the statement this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment