Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Get the Look -- Mix It Up!

So many of you have asked, via my web site, if I would do a look book type thing that gives you ideas of how you can layer your TRL jewelry pieces. So, I thought I would do it here and eventually add a special section to the site. As you know, I am a nut for layering -- my thinking is that in most cases, if one is good, several are better. I keep that thinking in mind when I design and make each piece in my collection. My mind is always questioning..."how will I wear this?" I know, the mere mention of how my mind works scares me, but it's an interesting contraption. Most days you will see me around the studio or out wear-testing new designs and not just one at a time. My philosophy is just mix it up -- I am not one for a matchy-matchy look or even for the "wearing two of the same design" idea. I like it best when my jewelry "goes together" but does not "match." That being said, here are a few ideas to get you started.


This Russian amazonite, smoky quartz bold rope design (#0347) looks yummy mixed with these leather braided bangles (early Joan Rivers Classics) from my personal collection.

This carnelian and Swarovski crystal number (#0351) takes on a completely different look when jumbled in with these enamel bangles (once again early, early, early Joan Rivers Classics).



I call this the "mermaid meets rainforest" combo. The flourite beads on the rope style bracelet (#0353) are the same as those in the three-strand charm style bracelet (#0250). So, once again, this look totally works -- don't you think?


This stunning bronzite and Czech glass bead bracelet (takes on an old-world or museum feel when paired with classic twist and omega-type bangles.

The mother-of-pearl and Swarovski crystal bold rope style bracelet (#0345)looks quite swanky when paired with enamel bangles that mirror the color combo in the bead bracelet.

Keep on the lookout for more "Get the Look" posts in the days to come. I love this idea and am so happy that you all suggested I do it! Thanks again for all your support and for loving my jewelry. I love what I do and the fact that you love it too makes my heart soar!

No comments:

Post a Comment