Sunday, May 13, 2012

Living in a World of Change


I don't like change...much. The older I get, the more I realize how true that fact is. When I read my astrology chart for 2012 it warned of major shifts for the year...a kind way of saying change. Well, lo and behold, the last four months have been full of major "shifts." I understand that change is part of life, it is part of what makes us grow; and at the same time, I want things to stay just the way they are. I wonder when in life I made the shift and ceased welcoming change.

Where did the inquisitive risk-taker go? The one who up and moved to San Francisco and then less than two years later packed bag and baggage for a new life in New York City? Somehow, that girl seems to have disappeared. Maybe that's the answer..."that girl" -- as a young woman of 30, I took a leap of faith by walking away from a life that wasn't a healthy one in many ways. I understood the consequences of that leap...but I took it, knowing it was the right thing to do. Since that time, I have taken several giant leaps of faith and by some miracle always landed in just the right place for that moment.


Revelation -- all of those decisions were pretty much my own.  Well, the reasons that led to the decisions were not my own, but the way I choose to react to those circumstances were certainly my own. Does that make sense? Suddenly, I find myself at a time in life where so many things are spinning in a direction I knew would eventually happen, I guess I just didn't expect it so soon. I'm thinking that much of what I feel at this moment in time is reflected in my jewelry. I have always loved all things vintage -- and over the last several months I have been designing more and more pieces around vintage components. I've spent time looking back at old images and pawing through my old clothing and jewelry collections, layering in my jewelry from the 60s and 70s with my new pieces. Somehow, I feel a sense of strong energy in those pieces. It makes me happy to see, touch and wear them. I am so happy that, even though they were merely "costume" pieces, I tucked them away for safe keeping and can wear them after all these years.



Not sure where I am going with this entry...I think I just needed a place to travel through some of my thoughts over the last months. Having done so, somehow things are seeming a bit clearer and a bit more peaceful. So...that's a good thing. And, I think I will leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment