Sunday, January 26, 2014

Anatomy 101: Patterned Agate & Onyx Bracelet



As I “stroll” through the jewelry departments of some of my favorite stores and boutiques, one of the things that I find fascinating is the way in which high end designers toss in a variety of beads and components. I love the juxtaposition of components in unexpected ways – that’s what inspires me. In turn, it makes me so happy when someone looks at my jewelry designs and says “I have never seen those gemstones used together. I would not have thought to mix it up like this.” I always take it as a positive observation and not a criticism.

I challenge myself daily in my designs by looking at the combo of the unexpected. One of my bugaboos about online shopping is the inability to reach out and touch an item in which you are interested. To really look at it close up and ask about it. With that in mind, I thought it would be fun to point out the individual components of one piece each week here in the blog so you get a better idea of what it’s all about. Hence, the title of a new series: Anatomy 101. I hope you enjoy it and aren't thrown back to Biology 100 when you had to dissect the cow's eyeball or that damn frog! If you are thrown back...I feel your pain.

I’d love if you shared your thoughts via a comment. To do so, look for the tiny little word “comment” in the small type at the end of this post. Click on that word and you will be able to tell me what you think. (Am I a fool to ask? Oh, I hope not!) I know, right now the comment section is not the easiest of systems but until I figure out a different widget to use in its place, I’ll continue with it for now. Thanks for playing along!

No comments:

Post a Comment