Monday, June 22, 2015

Pantone Summer 2015: Aquamarine

Tanya Lochridge Jewelry Aqua Lampwork Bead & Pearl Necklace



Always a sought after color – Pantone describes aquamarine as being an airy blue with a dreamy feel. Sounds tranquil, doesn’t it? Add to that cool, calming, open and expansive and once again Pantone says it all. I often wonder how many writers they have working on the task of color description! Way more than one I assume! As for the energy of the color – it is thought to help reduce stress and give you courage! I don’t know about you but I can sure use that these days! Life seems to be spinning so fast that at times all I can do is muster the courage to hang on tight and wait for it all to slow down a bit.


Tanya Lochridge Jewelry Amazonite Gemstone & Lilac Lampwork & Pearl Bracelets Aquamarine is a fabulous color that flatters everyone’s skin tone, making it a winner in both fashion and jewelry. Personally, I prefer to add touches of aquamarine by way of my jewelry. Surprised? Nah. Most of my clothes fall into the neutral range – well okay, let’s just say ninety-five percent of them are black and the other five percent are white or shades of sand! ( You know the saying…”you can take the girl out of New York City; but you can’t take New York City out of the girl!”) So not much happening with my duds; but I do love adding smashes of color at my wrists, neck and ears! While aquamarine is a perfect color for spring and summer, don’t be fooled into thinking you can’t wear it throughout the year. 

One of the great things about jewelry is that it really can be styled in many different ways so it complements your oversized black cashmere sweater in the middle of winter, as well as that stunning little white sleeveless dress in the sizzling days of July. Since, jewelry doesn't have to be rotated in and out of your closet as the seasons come and go its a smart investment. And, better yet, the jewelry in my line is not disposable fast fashion created to be worn once or twice and tossed in the trash. I make it using materials and techniques that will give you years of stylish, fashionable and fun wear!


These are just a few of the designs currently available on the site/shop with new pieces being added daily. Milky aqua, amazonite and various shades of kyanite gemstones are always classics and designed with a bit of a twist in my collection. Aquamarine lampwork beads look so fresh and inviting, especially when tossed with pearls or the softest shade of lilac. Look closely and you’ll see touches of the color aquamarine in unexpected places in many of the designs. It’s kind of like playing the Where’s Waldo game – how many shades of aqua can you find in necklaces, bracelets and earrings?
P.S. As always, I’d love to know how you wear aquamarine. Also, I am doing a little survey and asking everyone if you prefer necklaces or bracelets or both. Hope you’ll comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment