Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It was a Great Day for a Birthday

Last night, Bea and I packed up and drove over to the Beck Farm to celebrate my birthday with a yummy home-cooked meal of roast "beast" and mashed potatoes. Good stick-to-your-ribs food topped off with a fudge cake. Earlier in the day, I celebrated while I worked in the studio by wearing this stunning combo. Yes, that is one of my red-black lampwork bead three-strand bracelets a bit of an unusual combination. But you know me -- one is never enough. So I added the latest Joan Boyce beauties in black diamond with the beautiful glass cream pearls. I just love the look. Makes me think of the "Twilight" series. For those of you who don't know of Joan Boyce, you can go to HSN.com and check out page after page of really lovely things and the quality of those pieces is beyond compare. And, if you are lucky enough to be in Aspen, you can look at her "real jewels" there. This mix also makes me think of the movie "Kate and Leopold" in the scenes from the early days in NYC. Don't you agree that these pieces would really finish off a little black dress on New Year's Eve? And in a strange but beautiful way, I can see a bride wearing this on that special day. Totally unexpected, but then that's what makes styling so much fun. It all fits with my ever-present thinking -- why does anyone want to wear exactly what someone else is wearing? I love when I get pix from one of you showing me how you styled my designs and made them your own. No one wants to be a sheep -- moving along with the crowd -- unless, of course, you are getting on the 6 train in NYC at 8:00 in the morning. When it comes to jewelry and fashion, the fun part is creating your own style and making and leaving your unique impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment