Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Open Arms & 2013

This morning I joyfully welcomed a new year with wide open arms. The New Year greeted me in return with glorious sunshine and blue skies – an unusual sight in this part of the world. But, I’ll take it. For me, the sunshine feeds my soul and reenergizes my body – I love it for that! Although it is only 28 degrees this morning, I’m sitting on my patio, bundled in one of my favorite toasty cabled afghans, letting the sun shine on my back, sipping fresh Peet’s coffee and enjoying the gifts of Mother Nature. It’s a lovely picture, isn’t it?

The robins have returned to eat the berries on the Hawthorn tree. How they manage to do that without impaling themselves is a miracle in itself. I still get caught every day when I crawl under the tree to fill up the bird diner! I have yet to uncover the birds’ secret of avoiding the treacherous thorns. Earlier this morning a little hummingbird zipped over my head and perched for a few seconds on the branch closest to my face. We sat and studied each other and then he was off – wonder what that was about?


2012 was full of change – big change. In life, we anticipate certain events as we grow older; but I doubt that we completely comprehend their impact until they actually happen. It has taken some time for me to adjust to a life that is different from what it has been for the nine years that I’ve been here. The upside of it all is that I can now envision a life that is somewhat different than what had become my normal. And, that’s a good thing. If you follow me, you know I don’t really do well with change – I think the universe knows it too, so it decided to give me to a huge challenge in 2012! All right, all right – I now understand that change is all part of life and in so doing, I am learning to go with the flow of things - at least a bit more than before.

This year, I am looking forward to lots of new jewelry coming out of the studio. For years, rocks, gemstones and magical glass have fueled me; and, these days, their energy seems to be far stronger than ever. I am taking that as a good thing – the gifts of Mother Nature are the things that excite me and bring me peace at the same time. It has been and continues to be a pure joy to share this energy with all of you over the years. With that in mind, I am sending thoughts for all things good in 2013 to all of you out there. This year, more than ever before, I am committed to saying “yes” in my life while embracing glorious new possibilities and adventures. I do hope you’ll join me in that thinking. We’ll have a great time together, won’t we?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the wonderfully kind words, eena. I am drawn to pearls so they appear often and in somewhat unusual ways. Hope you'll come by often for a bit of window shopping.

    ReplyDelete