Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Inspiration: Spring, Longer Days & Invitations



I know that it’s on its way. Spring, that is. While we had hints of it a few weeks back these last few days we are back to rain, clouds and lots of wind. Funny, I do love the change of seasons; however, the winters in this part of the country just seem to drag on for some reason. I shouldn’t really complain, this year we squeaked through without snow or ice unlike many parts of the country. The no snow and ice thing was a really nice change from the norm here. During our spring tease I had a gigantic case of spring fever. The longer warmer sunnier days were so tranquil and the cute little bench in my garden was so inviting.



The bench was a wonderful gift from my neighbor. For years it was nestled in her beautiful garden, so I was touched when she asked if I would like it for my garden. Sitting quietly on the bench, I remember lovely warm times spent with her over the years and I still feel her there with me these days. I know that Tess, her Brittany Spaniel, who sparked our family when we rescued her, feels the spirit of her mom on and around the bench, too. The delicate fragrance of the early spring-like blossoms on the rosemary, azaleas, grape hyacinth, daffodils, narcissus and even on one miniature rose are reminding me that warmer dryer days of true spring are not so far off.

Tanya Lochridge Jewelry Prehnite & Pearl Gemstone Three-Strand Bracelet


I love the early days of spring when the colors in the garden and the hazelnut groves are still new. Somehow they seem a bit softer in the warm sunlight. Many of my favorite gemstones and rocks in those gentle green shades always find their way into jewelry designs and are peaceful colors to wear now and year-round. Green aventurine, prehnite, jade, jasper, and green kyanite come out to play with some soft green Kazuri beads, crystal (rock) quartz and a jumble of pearls in all shapes, colors and sizes. I love the neutrality of these colors – Mother Nature puts green with everything so why shouldn’t we?

Tanya Lochridge Jewelry Green Aventurine, Prehnite Gemstone & Freshwater Pearl Bracelet

Curious – what do you like about the onset of spring? Do you wear green this time of year and, if so, how do you wear it? I hope you’ll take a little time to sit back, pour yourself a cup of tea or glass of wine, relax and do a little shopping on the site/shop where you’ll find a wide array of beautiful gemstones and rocks in bracelets, necklaces and earrings all handmade in the Pacific Northwest. I usually make limited editions of one to five of any one design, so if you like to wear jewelry that is as unique as you are, you just might like my small batch thinking!


No comments:

Post a Comment