Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Pantone Spring 2015: Scuba Blue


Turquoise by any other name, including Pantone’s Scuba Blue, is still just turquoise right? Clearly, a lovely choice for the Spring 2015 Fashion Forecast and always a favorite of lots of people. I have long been a fan of the color turquoise, little known fact about me – the walls in my bedroom as a kid at one time were the most soothing shade of turq. Yes – with frilly white curtains and comfy white bedding. Think St. Lucia and you’ll get the idea. That being said, one would think that my closet would be overflowing with clothes in various shades of the color. Wrong – I have never really felt comfortable wearing articles of clothing from the turquoise family.



Tanya Lochridge Jewelry Angelite Gemstone Sterling Silver Drop Earrings

However, open that same closet and you'll find a pair of turquoise shoes! Yes, soft suede mocs from Isaac Mizrahi! My very first pair of turquoise mocs walked into my life in 1982 and I wore and repaired, wore and repaired and wore and repaired them until the shoe repair guy shook his head and, together, we sadly gave last rites to those beauties. I went sans turq mocs until late 2014 when I stumbled upon these stunners. While I would love them more if they were in pebble leather; I will tolerate the suede until a different version comes along.
Tanya Lochridge Jewelry Russian Amazonite Gemstone & Floral Carved Bead Soft Bangle

So – shoes blah, blah, blah! If not in clothing how else can you wear turquoise aka Scuba Blue. Come on, you know where I am going with this right? Jewelry, of course. And, just because we use the word turquoise doesn’t mean that your jewelry has to be the gemstone/rock that is actually from-the-ground turquoise. While,over the years, I have collected a few really fun genuine turquoise pieces from the 50s and the 60s, the majority of the color of “turquoise” in my jewelry collection comes in the form of exquisite Czech glass, lampwork glass and a variety of unusual gemstones and rocks from Mother Nature that are various shades of turquoise.
Tanya Lochridge Jewelry Angelite & Crystal Quartz Gemstone Bracelet
On that note, I hope that the bits and bobs shown here get your creative mind spinning. If you click on each pix you’ll be whisked to the site/shop where you can learn more about the stones and get other ideas for styling. I am curious, as usual, how will you style your Scuba Blue this spring and summer?
Tanya Lochridge Jewelry Chrysocolla & Rainbow Hickoryite Bead Bracelet

No comments:

Post a Comment