Thursday, September 29, 2011

Oh Boy -- Here Comes Fall!

As much as I grumble about the rain and gray skies during the non-summer months here; these past few days I find myself feeling happy that the weather is changing and fall is upon us. I think what I like most about the cooler days, is the fact that I can wear my uniform: t-neck lightweight sweaters -- the perfect canvas for jewelry. Today, I donned my uniform for the season. As you've probably figured out by now -- I love bracelets -- mainly because I can admire them all day long. Talk about self-absorbed; but it's true! However, when I put on a oatmealish heather-like sweater this morning, I figured it was the perfect day to give my poor old neckline a treat. So, that's just what I did. I started with a rutilated quartz number (#0302) similar in style to the yellow jade one shown here. Then, I added the yellow jade dazzler. Thinking that would be plenty of pizazz, I stopped there...for a moment. Then it hit...a flash of brilliance; and, it wasn't from the light coming off of one of the stones on these necklaces! It dawned on me that I don't remember ever...as in ever...layering the rainbow hickoryite necklace with either of these two necklace styles. In the blink of an eye, I had my sample nestled in with the other two and I love the look. If you like the look of wood, which I do, you'll love the look and feel of rainbow hickoryite...as it looks much like wood, but has gemstone weight which makes the entire piece feel rich to me. I tried to get a pix of all three necklaces on Monica the Mannequin; but they wouldn't stay as I think she doesn't have the strong square shoulders I do (!!), so I finally gave up and went for just two. I think you get a pretty good idea of how they all came together.

While I was taking the first shot in the natural light of the studio, I had another flash of brilliance. (Do you think it could be all the Pure Inventions green tea I've been drinking lately making my brain fire a bit faster?) The second pix is the result of that moment -- yellow jade meets carnelian -- in a lovely mix of vintage-inspired gold links. You know, when it comes to jewelry, I do think the styling options are limitless. That's what I love so much about it all. I don't care what the particular piece is -- there will always be a variety of ways you can wear it. It's my hope, that all of you are encouraged to be as creative as you want -- like I said in my last post -- I never color within the lines -- why would I want to do that when there are so many unique options just waiting to be discovered?

No comments:

Post a Comment