Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Special Souls of Firefighters


Today I remember those special souls that I loved and lost ten short years ago. Their spirits reside within my soul. I remind myself to be grateful for, and cherish, every moment we have with the people we love. This morning I cut these beautiful roses for an arrangement in the studio.
  When I first moved into this house, I planted what was then a small rose variety called Firefighter, to honor those men and women who lost their lives on 9/11. Today the bush almost reaches the topmost gable of the house and the fragrance is beyond exquisite. This rose is quite special, you see, as it was the first sponsorship rose of the "Remember Me" garden funds to honor the victims of 9/11. If you'd like to share your support you can order this lovely rosebush from www.edmundsroses.com. And now I am off to deliver the brownies I baked as a small way to thank the local firefighters here in town for all they do...every day. In my mind, they are truly heroes in every sense of the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment