Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Collars & Chokers & Trends, Oh My


While I love necklaces, I have never been a fan of a collar or choker style that is worn higher on my neck. I don’t know if it’s because I’m not so happy about how my neck looks and the fact that it has never been or ever will be swan-like; or if it’s my general claustrophobic nature kicking in that makes me feel as if I am being strangled when I wear anything tight. Who knows, maybe it’s just the name “choker” that sends me over the edge. Where is Freud when you need him?


The good news is that all of that nonsense doesn’t stop me from wearing big bold necklaces – just a tad longer so I get the statement look without turning blue in the face or breaking out in a cold sweat trying to get the damn thing off my neck! See, I told you I am not normal – but I embrace my “unique” nature! Anyway, there are several necklaces in my site/shop that can be adjusted in length depending on what you are styling that day. Here are just a few to whet your appetite -- jet crystal quartz, mother-of-pearl, pearls of all shapes, colors and sizes, big hunks of smoky quartz, and imperial jasper. Longer and shorter – it all works. And, there is nothing disposable about any of the jewelry pieces you’ll find over there. So long after the choker/collar trend goes, your gemstone necklaces will still be the classics that you reach for again and again for years to come. I think that just makes good sense. You?



I’m curious to know how you feel about choker/collar style pieces. You can comment by clicking on the tiny little word “comment” in the tinier little print at the end of this post. Kudos to you for being able to see that tiny little word and thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment