Thursday, June 09, 2011

Celebration Time is Here!

Why am I dancing around the studio today? And, why am I doing it without any music? Once again -- I am reminded that it is, indeed, the little things in life that are so very important. What little thing happened to me today that has me jumping for joy? Today, after all these long months, I was actually able to put my bra on like it was intended. Yes, I know...weird. But I was able to reach around the back and hook it without pain! Remember me telling you about my rotator cuff injuries way back in 2010, and how I wanted to avoid surgery if possible, and how disappointed I was when the local accupuncturist gave up on me? Well, with lots of patience and some slow but beneficial exercises, I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and guess what, it's not an oncoming train! While I am still being very careful with what I do and how I do it when the shoulders are involved, I am beyond thrilled that this day has finally arrived. Let me just say this, you don't realize how much you use your shoulders in common every second activities. And, to have them functioning in a healthy way makes me feel like dancing. So I am celebrating in the studio while wearing the perfect "Pop the Bubbly" bracelet and enjoying a fresh raspberry scone from the bakery at Bauman's Farms and a freshly brewed cup of Peet's French Roast (decaf of course) from my very own kitchen. Grab your coffee and get your celebration on. And, remember to be grateful for every little move you make.

No comments:

Post a Comment