Monday, October 24, 2011

L'interruttore è Completa!


Yes...I survived the "do-it-myself" switch from BlackBerry to iPhone 4s over the weekend. And, I lived to tell the story! By now you pretty much know that I love to figure out and do things on my own...even when it might not be the most efficient way to get things done. It's in my genes and so it's how I roll.

A DIYer from way back no matter the project. By Saturday afternoon the iPhone was functioning -- all email addys and phone functions. However, I am still trying to conquer the upload of contacts from my google account...but not to worry...I'll figure it out at some point. It seems to involve iTunes and/or iCloud (so having to learn about those). I know, I know, I am probably the last person on earth who doesn't use iTunes...but that's about to change! I still have an old iPod in it's original clam shell case; a gift that I never opened. Oh, damn, I hope the giftor isn't reading this entry.




On Sunday night, I decided it might be a good idea to download an iPhone manual of some type for reference on various things. Wowzer -- honestly, do I need a phone that has a 163-page manual? Now...that's a bit insane, don't you think? Guess that's why they don't print one and include it with the purchase of the phone. No one in their right mind would buy any piece of electronic gadgetry that takes a 163-page manual to explain how it works! I guess my biggest question is "how many of the actual functions on the phone will I ever use?" 

So, I've thrown down the gauntlet and challenged myself to an iPhone duel. The deal...learn one new function a day. So last night...I discovered I could dictate or talk into the darn thing for email, tweets, and texts. And, with no training of software to align with my speech patterns as I had to do with Naturally Speaking on my computers! Astonished...and as far as I'm concerned...the iPhone paid for itself with that one function. So...the quest is on to see what I figure out about it before the end of the today. Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment