Saturday, April 25, 2009

Tulips and Fricadelwurst -- A Mighty Combination

I took a break yesterday and went to the Tulip Festival here in town. Yes, there is such a thing and it is pretty amazing. Acres, and acres and acres of tulips. Beatrix and I went with three friends -- two humans and one canine! We attempted to get some good photos of the dogs and the tulips for a Cairn Terrier calendar that is in the works. Not sure what I got yet -- but this is just a snippet. Of course, there was food involved. I had my first fricadelwurst sandwich (we call it "frickin' chicken") from the Mount Angel Sausage Company. Oh my gosh -- YUM! With sauerkraut and spicy mustard -- double YUM! I was taken back to the dirty water dog vendors in NYC. Sigh -- memories are sweet...and tasty. The weather was beautiful and it was fun to be transported to another place for a bit. I have learned that this is a beautiful part of the country when you know where to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment