Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Back When Cars Were...Boats

Talk about your inspiration. This Hudson, I think from the 50s, is really something. Can't you just see some guy in Levi's and a white t-shirt with white socks and loafers and his girl in a full skirt with lots of petticoats, a little sweater, anklets, bobby socks and white bucks? Okay, so I just age-outed myself.


But, in my defense I was pretty young when this car was new. But, man, I remember them all too well. There seems to be a lot of renovation going on my my community -- not a day goes by that I don't see a car from the 50s. Ford and Chevy seem to be the most common makes -- but today this stunner made an 
appearance and certainly grabbed my attention. It takes me back to the great jewelry from the 50s -- I think many of my charm designs show the influence of that era. Over the years, I have collected jewelry from the 40s and 50s and I love it. In fact, I am currently working on a few new designs that get their look from Miriam Haskell. She made the most interesting pieces in the 30s, 40s and 50s. No sneak peeks though -- but keep your eyeballs peeled for upcoming launches.

I thought it was interesting to see the juxtaposition of the 50s style with the 2009 style of the Volkswagen lined up behind. I love the unexpected -- and here is a good example of that. I have to say, I am loving the camera function on my Blackberry -- I get some great shots with that little gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment