Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Just a Hint of Fall

Oh boy -- there is definitely a hint of fall in the air today. For me, that's a good thing, as the long hot days of summer are not my fav. Fall makes me think of new beginnings and new things -- new clothes, a new "do" and new activities. I think it is a throwback to the old back-to-school days.

With the cooler temps, I am tempted to get out the cashmere turtlenecks -- but I know it is still much too early for those. But, a girl can always dream, right? Instead, I took a long look at the carnelian necklaces and bracelets in the inventory. Wow, while I remembered the carnelian was lovely, looking at it again was captivating. Nothing beats a gemstone in a piece of jewelry that accentuates the beauty of the stone (and the wearer, too). Oh, and I guess I should mention the loveliness of the clear crystal quartz, too. Don't want to hurt any one's feelings by leaving them out. I thought I would post a few pix here just to whet your whistle for all things fall.

The carnelian gemstones here are BIG -- 18mm BIG. I found these particular stones in Tucson last February. You better believe this vendor is on the top of my "must hit" list for 2010. The sad thing about gemstones and vendors though -- sometimes you find them and sometimes you don't. So, when I stumble upon a real treasure I get what I can at that moment and then keep my fingers crossed that new stones of the same quality will show up again and again and again. Guess that is why they call it a treasure hunt -- you never know what you'll find. To me, that is part of what makes it all so exciting. I already have visions of the 2010 Tucson Gem Show dancing in my head. Shouldn't I have visions of sugarplums or something like that, first?

Let's not forget your ears! Nothing worse than ears with hurt feelings. These sterling silver hoops are terrific -- they are substantial but petite at the same time. I like the post/butterfly back style since it balances the earring nicely on the ear lobe and covers the piercing in the ear -- always a good thing. These gems are 12mm in size -- classy and they get noticed. That makes them fun to wear. Let's see -- it might be too late to wear these on the first day of school -- but maybe we can wear them on the first day of October!

No comments:

Post a Comment