Monday, October 05, 2009

Harvest Moon Festival


There is so much "magic" about the moon. I especially love the romantic part of the lore that tells us that if we look at the harvest moon and ask for the love of our life, we'll get what we ask for.

Last night, when the moon was shining in my window I had to run out with my camera to capture it's beauty in the clear sky. So here it is -- an unusual sight actually, since cloudy skies frequently block the moonbeams in this part of the country. Oh, darn, I was so busy taking pix I totally forgot to ask for the man of my dreams. Well, there always is next year. While I have never tasted a Moon Cake, I love the idea -- well, except the egg yolk part of the recipe. But maybe it is tasty and I just don't know it...yet. One of these years I will actually taste one and then decide if I like it or not. Seeing the moon makes me think of pearls...hm-m-m. Wonder where that thinking will take me?

No comments:

Post a Comment