Sunday, October 25, 2009

"When Cars Were Boats" -- The Sequel

While I was out running errands yesterday, I happened upon another reminder of my youth. I mean when I was really, really, really young. It's true, and I'm not afraid to admit it, I was a teen in the late 60s and cars from the 50s were the set of wheels to own. Seems that all the "cool" boys owned something from that era.

This 1955 Pontiac, in perfect condition inside and out, is a stunning example of the "cars as boats" idea. The woman who owns it said it was one of twenty in her husband's collection; all from the 50s. Now that would be something to see. Don't overlook the fuzzy angora dice dangling from the rear view mirror. No car from the 50s was "cherry" until it had t

he knit dice and, believe it or not, a fuzzy angora mirror-warmer. Oh my gosh -- how many mirror warmers did I knit for old beaux?

What a jewel, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment