Saturday, October 03, 2009

Timeless Style -- The Proof


Another little trip down memory lane -- this time, my Grandpa and Grandma Lochridge. I swear, I could walk into Prada today and find similarly cut styles. More proof that classic styles are indeed timeless and thus endure the test of time. This pix, must be c.1950 or maybe earlier.

Unfortunately, it is not marked and anyone who might know when it was snapped is no longer with us. But, based on the style, I think I am pretty close to the actual year. Love the tie and I would be willing to bet that the fabric in all of those pieces was exquisite. Interesting -- no jewelry and I can't tell if he has on a tie clasp or pin of any kind. When I see a pix like this I understand why I have such a powerful passion for all things vintage. Maybe it is tied to a past life thing...you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment