Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Blossoms -- Could it Be?

Yes, it's true. I was taken completely by surprise yesterday when i noticed blossoms on the trees lining one of the main streets here in town. Petite little pink and white blossoms. Petite yes, but blossoms none the less. In just a few short days -- there is soft color on the cherry and plum trees all around me.

While I did come home from Tucson to find happy little daffodils blooming in my yard, for some reason the fluffy blossoms on the trees really made me think spring. And, now I am just keeping my fingers crossed that some deep dark freeze doesn't happen between now and the "real" spring and spoil all the fun.


The beautiful colors put me in mind of this beautiful ruby quartz pendant necklace. If you look closely you can see sparks in the stone -- either pyrite or mica, not sure which. Lovely little vintage pink Czech glass flowers mix with a variety of vintage glass. Oh so pretty -- and oh so hopeful that spring is, indeed, just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment