Friday, February 26, 2010

The Spirited Woman -- Oops!

In all my excitement at the Tucson Gem Show, I totally forgot to mention that Tanya Lochridge Jewelry appeared on The Spirited Woman's "Top 12 Valentine Picks List." How exciting is that. When I saw that Nancy, the spirited woman behind The Spirited Woman had done an earlier lengthy and fun interview with Dorothea Benton Frank, one of my favorite writers, I was thrilled to be in such good company.

I became even more of a fan after I listened to the MP3 of the interview (available at The Spirited Woman). If you haven't had the fun of reading any of Dorothea Benton Frank's books -- you might want to check them out. Shem Creek, The Land of Mango Sunsets, Plantation, Sullivans Island, Shem Creek, Full of Grace, Bulls Island, Pawley's Island, Isle of Palm, and Return to Sullivans Island. She brings the Low Country to life -- at least for me. Having never visited that part of the country (not quite sure how I missed that little section in all my work-related travels over the years) somehow, after reading Dorothea's books, I feel as if I've actually not only visited but spent time there. And, I love that her characters are real women -- real people in real lives in the real world dealing with real issues. So, now you know about The Spirited Woman and about Dorothea Benton Frank -- oh, and about TRL Jewelry getting the Valentine's Pick nod. About my jewelry selection for this post -- I just thought this looked like something one of Dorothea's characters would wear on one of those hot sultry days in the Lowcountry. Dottie, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment