Monday, March 01, 2010

Sure Signs of Spring

Would you believe there are blossoms all around here in my little corner of the world? It's as if on cue all flowering cherry trees and forsythia plants decided to step into focus. Pink is such a wonderful color -- so soft, so feminine and just lovely. I love working with pink gemstones, such as rhodonite and rhodocrosite -- so I am so happy when I find big stones to incorporate into my designs.


If you are into yellow -- check out my site for some yellow jade, yellow 
calcite and African opal numbers. The gemstones are all pretty spectacular and I think the designs are quite nice, too. Bold one-plus inch coin beads mix with smoky quartz and chunky faceted nuggets pair up with tiger eye gems in bold long necklaces and bracelets.

As you know by now, I am not one for teensy-tiny little jewelry. Case in point -- the pink necklace in this pix is made of rhodocrosite heishi style beads -- but not the small heishi beads that one thinks of that were so popular in the 60s. These stones are a it over one-half inch in diameter and have significant width to them -- needless to say, they make a statement. Feminine yet bold. Agree? Shown here layered with the fabulous prehnite necklace it's the perfect look for spring. Wear the necklaces alone or together -- either way just beautiful. There are bracelets made out of these same stones on the site -- so take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment