Sunday, March 28, 2010

If Peeps are Here...

Can spring be far behind? It's official, Peep season signals the beginning of spring, right? While I am not a fan of the Peep (it has something to do with the marshmallow-like texture), I do get excited when I see them lining grocery store shelves. Why you ask?

In my book, Peeps are the official indicator that spring will actually arrive. Living in this part of the country I can't really depend on the weather to tell me it's spring. You see -- mother nature seems to think that there is a water shortage in the Pacific Northwest, so she insists that we have rain day after day after day -- no matter the season. But, back to the treats. If you are looking for something special to fill those baskets, here are a couple of ideas. A rhodocrosite yummy, a green aventurine beauty and a lovely mix of Czech glass with vintage glass and rhodonite "charms." I, of course, had to throw in a few Hershey Kisses -- well, I guess they aren't really "kisses" since they are in the form of eggs. But, you know what I mean. I don't know what looks yummier. Oh heck -- layer on the jewelry and then you can lavish in jewels and chocolate. Sounds like a splendid plan. And, if you have to have a Peep or two, go right ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment