Sunday, February 14, 2010

Desert Oasis and Valentine's Day

Well, it's my last day here in Tucson. The gem shows are winding down and so am I! While it is so exciting to see everything and meet up with everyone, it is also hard for me to be away from home for any length of time. Yes, I am quite the homebody, it's true.

And, anyone who knows me knows that about me; and there are many who aren't too happy about it. But I digress. I just wanted to share this last little gem with you. No, it's not in the form of a rock -- but a gem none the less. This little "arroyo" is in the Colonia Solana community here in Tucson. The community and this image have captured my heart -- and so, being Valentine's Day, I thought it fitting that I share it with you.

Looking at the water and reflections, I immediately think of labradorite, moonstone and silver mother of pearl. I am so glad that I am on my way back to my jewelry studio where I'll use this inspiration to whip up some new designs using those exact stones I uncovered here in Tucson. Can't wait -- and I promise to share the finished designs with you just as soon as they are ready to roll. So be sure to follow me here or on my site; that's where things show up first. If you haven't done so already, sign up for my e-mail list -- that way, you won't be left out in the cold. I send an e-mail every 2-3 weeks, so you won't be bombarded with daily hits from me...I promise. But I would love it if you joined. It's just so much fun to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment