Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sparkle and Shine


As you know, I love to shake things up by designing jewelry that combines the unexpected. That thinking carries through when I style my look by layering pieces from my collection that play off each other.

Yesterday I was listening to Joan Boyce (on HSN) talk about the line of jewelry she does just for them. First let me say, I love that woman, she so reminds me of my Auntie Opal, a real girly-girl; and, in my mind, the fine and fashion jewelry she designs is magnificent. Thank goodness she started selling her designs on HSN after I moved to 
Green Acres (my tongue-in-cheek name for this little pacific northwest town I call home). If I still lived in NYC I would have to have every one of her bracelet and necklace yummies. If you don't know who she is, google her and you'll get a great look at her "real" things at her site and see her beautiful fashion pieces on the HSN site. While I was listening and working in the studio (does it seem like I spend my life in the studio?) I had to wear my JB kissable cuff with one of my rope style bracelets. I changed out midway through the day -- from the look of the 20s with the black soutache braid bead to the silver-gray mother-of-pearl style. I just love the look and feel of these bracelets (mine and hers) and it is so much fun to play with them. Isn't it fantastic to sparkle and shine with a little of this and a little of that? I sure think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment