Thursday, October 07, 2010

The Strength of Pink


As you know, October is the official Breast Cancer Awareness month. While it is fabulous to spend a month dedicated to this topic; I think it is important to do all we can to raise awareness and educate people about breast cancer during all twelve months of the year. While I never really think of myself as a girly-girl (it just doesn't fit me nor my style), pink has always been and continues to be one of my favorite colors -- so soft and feminine.

With pink being designated as the color of the breast cancer awareness campaign -- when I redesigned my jewelry site, I added a special All Things Pink! category. Not only will you find beautiful pink designs there -- with each and every purchase from the All Things Pink! category you're sharing the love globally, through the Susan G. Komen Foundation, and on a very local grassroots level here in Oregon through Kate's Kids 4 the Cure. How? Tanya Lochridge Jewelry makes donations to both of these non-profit organizations on behalf of all my girlfriends who love pink, too. So thank you very, very much for that. You can learn more about these two groups on my site. Don't think you have to wear just one piece from the collection. Do what I do -- the photo here shows two of my pieces worn with a few Judith Ripka charms and nestled in that bunch is a Hildalgo ring. Did you find it? Kind of like a Where's Waldo puzzle, no? So much fun...and for a really good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment