Thursday, February 24, 2011

Unexpected Gifts


I'm sitting here in the studio mesmerized by the snowflakes swirling just outside the window. Seems to be some kind of wind tunnel thing out there -- there are actually little tornadoes of the tiniest snowflakes dancing around. I was working on some new pink designs to add to the site; but for some reason I keep catching myself staring into the abyss of the snow.



Today I had one of those "life can be really interesting if you just let it" experiences. I won't bore you with the details but it's all good. I will tell you that it has to do with a guitar that my dad built for me many, many, many years ago that I now have the great fortune to pass on to someone I love. More importantly, I know that my dad is watching it all unfold from someplace -- and I know he is thrilled with it all. So, my lesson in all of this is to be grateful for it all. Gifts come in lots of different forms -- and today I got a really marvelous one in the least expected way, shape and form.

No comments:

Post a Comment