Monday, February 09, 2009

Hints of Things to Come

I couldn't help myself on my last day of shopping here in Tucson -- stunning African rose quartz, labradorite, garnet, hessonite (orange garnet) and citrine all called to me like sirens from the sea. So I caved and forked over the last of my gemstone budget and became the excited owner of these intriguing fancy-cut gemstones. Believe it or not, I couldn't sleep last night -- I had visions of new designs dancing through my head. So I finally gave up, flipped on the light, sketched and made furious notes in my always handy notepad. As I see things, there is always time to sleep but when the creative juices get flowing -- then it's time for work (or play in some cases). These tiny treasures are beauties -- the shape is unique on some and the faceting really catches the light and gives back brilliant flashes. Oh man -- can't wait to be back in the studio at home and see what comes from all of this. Exciting times ahead.

You might want to be sure that your name is included on my mailing list so you'll be among the first to see the new pieces. You can do that by visiting http://www.tanyalochridge.com/ -- on the home page there is a Stay in the Know box that lets you add your e-mail addy to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment