Friday, January 15, 2010

Gemstones in the Rough

Wow -- it seems like all the spring "books" are highlighting jewelry pieces that incorporate rough or raw gemstones in their designs. I sometimes forget that being small potatoes has it benefits. In this case, I can respond with new items on the turn of a dime. Last year when I found some gorgeous and intriguing raw crystal quartz while I was rummaging through the thousands and thousands of gemstones in Tucson, it didn't take me long to get the news to all of you. In fact, not to toot my own horn; but two days after I was back in the studio I had new pieces posted and for sale on my site. (Toot, toot!) 




Snap (picture me snapping my fingers) and it's done. No long lead times here. That means you do get something that is new and appealing and will have it before the other kids on the block. When I see something that editors choose as the next "new " thing, as they have in the spring mags, I know they made that decision more than six months ago but had to wait the long wait to see their predictions in print and in the mass retail outlets.


Personally, I think it's good to be the little guy. Well, in jewelry making at least...and in order not to get into trouble with anyone, we'll just leave it at that. If you want to see more rough or raw gemstone designs visit my site -- there are lots of necklaces and bracelets there to drool over.

No comments:

Post a Comment