Monday, April 05, 2010

A Stroll Through Bergdorf


Yes, today I took a "stroll" through the jewelry department of Bergdorf's. Oh what a treat. I do really miss doing that on my walk home from the office during my time living in NYC.

But, with the wizardry of technology, I can take a virtual stroll whenever my heart desires. Anyhow, back to my original thought...I am so tickled to see so many designers using opaque gemstones these days. All the beautiful colors, shapes and textures are just lovely. I know, I'm in the minority here, but for me the clear stones just aren't as interesting as the from-the-earth-rock opaque stones. It's probably a good thing that diamonds aren't my best friend -- since they are far from my reach! But I never feel as if I am settling for an opaque gemstone in a jewelry design; in fact, quite the opposite is true. I feel oh-so grateful that Mother Nature has given me something quite special in the form of rocks. What a gift. Hm-m-m maybe tomorrow I'll stroll casually through Barney's and Neiman's. What fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment