Sunday, May 23, 2010

52 and Rainy -- May 23


It's just not right. The rain has been nonstop for the last few weeks and the temperature hasn't crept out of the 50s. And, it is the end of May. Yes, I am whining! Again!

A bit ago, I rummaged around in my personal jewelry stash looking for something that would brighten my mood. I think this works. Happy little cloisonne starfish, Czech glass red shells, gold shell charms and mother-of-pearl make me think of the beach, sunshine and warmer days. At this moment, I would love to be sitting in my beach chair on a little cove, listening to the sound of seagulls, watching the pelicans swoop in and fish for their dinner, relaxing to the sound of the ropes tinkling against the masts on nearby sailboats and just bury my feet in the warm sand. Since there is no beach in sight, I'll settle for the canvas beach chair that has a permanent place in my living room and this happy bracelet. Oh and the newest Nora Roberts, Savor the Moment. Now, that sounds like the perfect way to spend May 23...don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment