Monday, May 17, 2010

Where do you find your inspiration?

Luckily for me, I don't have to go far for inspiration to hit. Sometimes I wish that weren't the case and I could be like other designers who talk about their world trips and how they are inspired when they are globetrotting. Maybe it's the homebody in me...it's true, I am the only person I know who has a hard time being away from home for more than ten minutes...a behavior that usually makes my friends crazy.

The good news is that if I just keep my eyes open (which, by the way I have no problem doing) I see people and things, in every minute of every day, that completely inspire me. Case in point -- these new plants lined up
and ready to start their journey to their their new home where they will be nestled in pots of all sizes and shapes on my tiny patio. Would you look at those colors? Corals and whites and verdant shades of green. Textures of all types. Once again proof that Mother Nature is really pretty remarkable. I thank these lovelies for inspiring a lovely-of-a-different-type over the weekend. Bits and pieces of coral and turquoise paired with the soft white of snow quartz and splashes of glistening silver -- in my mind, a combination that is a winner no matter the season. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment