Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Window Shopping On a Tuesday


This morning I decided to take a little stroll through my three favorite stores in NYC. You know, do some research! In days gone by, I loved to actually walk through Bendel's, Bergdorf's and Barney's on a regular basis; but these days I am happy to take a virtual stroll while sitting in my studio on this side of the country.

I do miss the physical part of actually touching the jewelry designs. There is nothing like watching the light dance off the stones and the metals -- this is one reason I so love the Tucson Gem Shows. Now there's a venue that encourages touching. You know, now that I think about it, I have never seen a "do not touch" sign there. Okay, so a little digression -- but back to where I began. My look-see today did not disappoint. I was really happy to see so many designers embracing big and luscious opaque gemstones -- as you know, they have long been a favorite of mine. if you have time, you should take a little sojourn and walk through the jewelry sections of your favorite stores and take a gander. But, I hope you will come back to my site when you're thinking you want some labradorite, flourite, onyx or green aventurine to add to your ever-growing and enduring collection. One of the great things I most like about my jewelry (if I can be so humble!) is the fact that it not only works with current trends but it is timeless in nature. You'll be able to wear it today and ten years from today. It's the old cost per wearing equation. It is really investment dressing without having to make a significant investment. Make sense? Good
.

No comments:

Post a Comment