Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snow, snow, snow.

All the talk of snow in NYC is really making me homesick. I know, I know, after all these years I shouldn't feel "homesick" about the City; but I can't help myself. I am thinking it is because my life there was so different and so steeped in the wonder of it all that over the years it just became a part of my spirit; and not being there, I feel as if something is missing in me. After all, ten years is a long time to live somewhere -- in the same home.

I feel so lucky to have been able to do that -- to take the risk and just go because it was something I always wanted to do. I do find myself wondering "what happened to that risk-taker?" But that's a different story for another day. This pix of my terrace is currently my desktop on one of my computers. Yes, that is a mural someone painted on the side of the neighboring building -- a big, gorgeous and very lifelike tree. I just loved my little terrace, especially when it was covered in snow. Enchanting, don't you think?

Speaking of lovely things, this crystal quartz necklace was inspired by the icicles that are pretty common here in the pacific northwest. While we don't get a lot of snow here, at least where I am living, we do get a lot of ice. Last year I had the most gorgeous icicles hanging from the roof that covers my front porch. I know I have pix of them somewhere, but for some strange reason I can't seem to find them at the moment. Don't you think this "icicle dream" necklace would look stunning for New Year's Eve? It certainly would make a statement with it's one-inch crystal icicles, that's for sure. And, then you can wear it over a turtleneck to the office whenever you're in the mood. I love that about my jewelry -- it can go wherever you go. Maybe one of my clients will wear it in NYC -- and I'll be there vicariously! What fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment