Sunday, August 30, 2009

Botswana Agate

I have been working on some new designs for a darling bride-to-be. She is so excited about the fact that I am able to make a special bracelet for her in orange to wear on the big occasion. Yes, orange. Since orange is not that common of a color in gemstones -- she was thrilled when she saw the Botswana agate design I had on my site.

I bought a parcel of these stones a few years back mainly because I was fascinated in the shades of gray and shades of orange included in the lot. And, these stones had a beautiful polish, which I love. While I am always excited to see what comes of the new stones I buy, I try to put them in line, which means it takes some time to catch up with my purchases. This gorgeous agate finally made its way to the front of the "stones to be used" line and I posted the first pieces just a month or so ago. Bingo -- by some stroke of luck or serendipity, the bride-to-be found just what she wanted!

When I told a jewelry designer pal about the bride's choice for the stone, she said she totally understand why she wanted it. She thought the lacy striations that run through the gem make it very feminine and the perfect choice for a bride and for a fall wedding on the East Coast. I am having such fun working up a one-of-a-kind piece that will be worthy of being worn on such a special day. I will eventually post a pix of it here on the blog, but not until the big day has come and gone. In the meantime, here are pix of the two styles I do have up on my web site -- one in gray and sterling silver and one in orange and gold vermeil -- both stretch for those of you who like the ease and comfort of a stretch design. Aren't they beautiful? Smug? Maybe...but I can't help myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment