Friday, August 28, 2009

A Rose by Any Other Name

When my creative energy is blocked, it doesn't take much to get it flowing again. No matter where I am, all I have to do is just stop and look around -- it seems there is always something to really "see" that gives me inspiration.


Last year, along one side of my house, I planted two rose bushes. Firefighter (a stunning and very fragrant red), which was the first of eleven roses to be named to honor the 343 firefighters who lost their lives on September 11, 2001 and Gift of Life (the softest yellow with hints of pink-peach on the tips), which was bred to honor the families of organ and tissue donors and is the official rose of the Oregon Donor Program. They are both so beautiful in that they remind me of the things that are truly important -- things that money can't buy but have a value beyond compare.


Sometimes in life we get so busy with all the "busyness" that we do indeed forget to "stop and smell the roses" and give thanks and be grateful for all that we do have. Somehow, looking at the beautiful gifts of nature and reflecting on how I feel when I really "see" them, fuels my senses and gets me back in the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment